When most people speak of the "Rapture,"they are thinking "Pre-tribulation Rapture. (i.e. Jesus returningbefore the Great Tribulation) Jesus is coming back, (Matt.24:3, Acts.1:11, 1Thes.4:13-18, Rev.11:15; 19:11-21) the question is when? Before the tribulation? (Pre-Trib) In the middle of the tribulation?(Mid- Trib) or at the end of the tribulation? (Post Trib.) A. When will the the Second Coming (i.e."Rapture") take place?
The apostles doctrine (Acts.2:42) gives the order of events but not the time, because "of that day and hour knoweth (knows) no man." (Matt.24:36) This order is revealed in Paul's epistles (letters) to the Thessalonians. (Gal.1:11-12) "They had undue excitement, and had become shaken in mind, (2Thes.2:1-2) entertaining wrong views as to the nearness of Christ's return."They thought "that the day of Christ [was] at hand!" (2Thes.2:2, 1Cor.15:51-52, 1Thes.4:13-18) 1. Paul had tocorrect theirwrongthinking with a second epistle (Letter)
Paul wrote, "Let no man deceive you (Matt.24:4, Gal.1:11-12) by any means: for that day(the Second Coming (parousia) of the Lord Jesus Christ 2Thes.2:1) shall not come except there come "a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition. Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God." (2Thes.2:4) Paul continues...
Remember...when I was with you I told you these things?"
a. This means theThessalonians knew this order
(1) They knewthat the antichrist was to bereveal before Jesus returns, when they received the first epistle(1Thes.4:13-18) from Paul. They also knew that when Paul wrote, "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming (parousia) of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep, he included...
(a) The shout, with the voice of the archangel (b) With the trump of God (c) The dead in Christ shall rise first (d) Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Therefore to have a "partial" Second Coming just to the clouds cannot happen because these things listed above CANNOT be separated from the Second Coming
Note: The grey color is what the Pre-Tribulation. Rapture doctrine teaches
b. Now 1Thes.5:1-28takes on a different light
It takes on a different light because betweenus (today) and the Second Coming there will be opening of the seal seals, the first four trumpets, falling away and the antichrist will be revealed at the sounding of the fifth trumpet. (Note: 2Thes.2:5(Review: PHASE 10)
Note: The grey color is what the Pre-Tribulation. Rapture doctrine teaches
(1) Therefore let us not sleep There is accountability / responsibility. We must be diligent - rightly dividing truth. God does eliminate you, you eliminate yourself by not being prepared. Don't be like the five foolish virgins and miss God's timing. You have to be wide awake! God's grace provides and just us the blueprint to be ready. We MUST have a love for the truth!
(2) Therefore let uswatch  Watching is our spiritual eyes / Eph.1:18, Luke.24:) our understanding. We have 5 spiritual senses. (Heb.5:14) We can taste, hear, smell, feel. Note: Illustrated by Isaac blessing Jacob (Gen.27:1)
(3) Therefore let us, who are of the day - light (a) We are not of the night (b) Light - ( - Men love darkness rather than light (c) If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. (1John 1:7) (d) Entrance of thy words brings light (Psa.139:) (4) Therefore let us be sober - Be well balanced () A false balances an abomination (Prov.
(5) Therefore let us put onthe breastplate of faith and love (a) By Faith Noah prepared (Heb.11:7) Note: All the Old Testament people that excised faith. (b) Love as describe in 1Cor.13 “rejoices in the pattern of the Ark / Glorious Church
(6) Therefore let us put on for an helmet, the hope of salvation (a) Hope in the Lord Jesus Christ ( (b) Helmet / mind (Rom.12:1-2)
(7) For God hath not appointed us to to wrath, (a) Not appointed to those that stay awake, watching and building an Ark (Gen.27) of the day, If Noah had not built the Ark according to the pattern, then he would have experienced the wrath. (Note: Jer.7:1-12 / 1Sam.4:10-11) The Temple the Temple. Be not mocked God's grace does not prevent the principle of sowing and reaping. Grace will minister to you while you reap. (b) Not appointed to those who are sober while building (c) Not appointed to those that have put on the breastplate of faith and love, and the h elmet of salvation while building (1Thes.5:1-9)
(d) If he did not build correctly then this protection would not be available because we have taken ourselves out from under God's pattern for protection The 10 virgins (Matt.25:1-13) / The wise and the foolish man (Matt.7:24-27) / Those that build with wood, hay and stubble (1Cor.3:12--15) / If the Hebrews had not applied the blood of the Passover Lamb to the two sides of the door and the lintel (top) of the door, they would not be under the protection of God (Exod.12:1-15) / Noah had to build an Ark according to the pattern or he would not have been preserved. There will be an Alive and remaining group (1Thes.4:13-18) that will know when to enter the Ark (picture by the Rev.12 Woman) because they will have a hearing ear to hear God's Voice and obey. This will cause them to know when to enter the Ark.
(10) Therefore be sober(be of sound mind, i.e. sane, [figuratively] moderate Rom.12:1-2) walkin the light(Psa.119:105,130) so that day (when they say peace and safety1Thes.5:1-2) shall not over take you. (1Thes.5:6)
Note: The grey color is what the Pre-Tribulation. Rapture doctrine teaches
2. Some see two Second Comings in 2Thes.2:1 They see the "day of the Lord and another "day of Christ."(See chart above) a. Some say... When the Old Testament Prophets spoke of"the Day of the Lord" (Isa.2:12, Joel.1:15; 2:1, 31 / Acts.2:20, Joel.3:14, Amos.4:18-20, Obed.1:15, Zeph.1:13-15, Zech.14:1, Mal.4:5) they were prophesying about "that day", after the Tribulation (2Thes.2:3) spoken of by the apostle Paul which (according to them) is separate from the Day of Christ.
b. Then some say... The New Testament writers only spoke of "the Day of Christ" (2Thes.2:1, Phil.1:10; 2:16) which makes two Comings.However the New Testament writers spoke of the second coming (singular) as
(1) The "Day of our Lord Jesus Christ" (1Cor.1:8) (2) The Day of Jesus Christ (Phil.1:6) (3) The Day of Christ (Phil.1:10; 2:16, 2Thes.2:2)
Does this mean we have four different second comings, because of these four different titles? The answer is no.The answer for this is foundin the revelation ofthe name that God gave to Peter on the day of Pentecost.
"Let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ." (Acts.2:36) This is why Paul (who was taught by Jesus Gal.1:11-12) wrote, "Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming /singular(parousia) of our Lord Jesus Christ." (2Thes.2:1) When God " the Word became flesh and dwelt among us" (John.1:1-18, Matt.1:17-25)Gabriel told Mary to called Him Jesus. (Matt.1:21, Luke.1:26-31) At the river Jordan Jesus became the Christ (The MessiahDan.9:26 / anointed one Matt.3:13-17, John.1:35-41, Matt.11:2; 16:16 Matt.16:20; 24:5) Jesus Christ then told His disciples while He was "confirming the covenant"(Gal.3:16-17, Rom.15:8) "to His own" (John.1:11) "I have yet many things to say unto you," (about my name)John.16:10-15 but ye cannot bear (receive 1Cor.2:14)them now. (Before the Cross)
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come,he will guide you into all truth." (The truth about my name) John.16:10-15 This is exactly what happened after Jesus Christ was crucified as our Passover Lamb, (1Cor.5:7-8) He was resurrected (Acts.2:30) and glorified, (John.7:38-39; 17:5) sending the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost. (Acts.2:1-36) On this dayPeter stands up a proclaims, "let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that "God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ."(This is the Family name that the Bride will take - Eph.3:14-15)
At the Second Coming Jesus is returning as THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, as KING of KINGS and LORD of Lord's. (Dan.2:31-45, Note.v.44, Rev.11:15; 19:11-21) ONE SECOND COMING. The Prophets and the New Testament writer's all spoke of ONE Day. There is NO record in scripture of a Second Coming before the tribulation.
3. Note the events that can not be separated from the Second Coming
"And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. (Rev,11:15,Rev.19:11-21, Dan.2:44-45) Note: It is Jesus (Lord and Christ) that is coming. The apostle refers to this trumpet as "the last trump" (1Cor.15:51-52, 1Thes.4:13-18) It is the last of seven. (Rev.8:1-2, 6-13; 9:1-21; 10:7; 11:15)Wherever you place the Second Coming you must include the 7th. Trumpet, which includes the blowing of the 6 previous trumpets.(see chart above)
Note:If you say that Jesus could return at any moment, your are also saying that all the trumpets have sounded, (Rev.8:1-13; 9:1-21; 10:7; 11:15) and all the seals (Rev.5:1; 6:1-17; 8:1-4) have been opened. (Review: PHASE 10) A quick read of these seals and trumpets will show that they have not been opened or sounded yet.
b. The dead in Christ
They (the dead in Christ) shall resurrect at the ONE and ONLY Second Coming which cannot be separated from the 7th. Trump / last trump / Second Coming. Every dead Old Testament saint  Eph.4:8) and New Testament saint (1Thes.4:13-18) must be in this resurrection because there is no other resurrection for the dead in Christ!
(1) It is "resurrection," never resurrections! (a) Therefore "in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her." (Matt 22:28-31, Mark.12:23, Luke.20:33-35) (b) Thou "shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just." (Luke 14:14-15) (c) Shall "come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.(John 5:29, Rev.20:5-15)One resurrection for the those in Christ (the just or justified by Christ's blood -Rom.1:17), and one resurrection for those outside of Christ. (the unjust, without hope - Acts.24:15; Eph.2:1
(d) Martha saith unto him, "I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:" (John 11:24-26) (e) So "also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: (1Cor.15:42-52)
(f) Hymenaeus and Philetus...saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the Faith of some.(2Timothy 2:17-19)
(2) To have a Pre-TribulationRapture the "dead in Christ" to rise before the Tribulation
The apostle Paul writes to the Thessalonian Church, "now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming(parousia)of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering of the (Old and New Testament saints) together unto him, in the ONE and ONLY resurrection of the dead in Christ. ONLY ONE "gathering" (only one complete collection of the saints).If this ONE and ONLY resurrection takes place before the Tribulation, then there is no other resurrection for the saints that die for their testimony during the 5th. seal and the tribulation time. (Rev.13:10; 14:11-13; 18:24)
3. (Continued) the events that can not be separated from the Second Coming c. Then we (Christians / Saints)which are alive and remain shall be caught up together at the ONE and ONLY Second Coming. (parousia)
(1) A review: Alive and remain shall be caught uptogether Paul writes, "we (2Thes.1:1) beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our (dead and alive) gathering (a complete collection)  unto Him that ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of (the Lord Jesus) Christ is at hand. Another confirmation that there is ONLY ONE RESURRECTION for the Old and Testament Saints.
(2) Caught up together The dead and those alive and remain at His ONE COMING cannot be separated
(3) How will there be any saints "alive and remain" at the end of the Tribulation? According to our chart the Seals (Rev.5:1; 6:1-17; 8:1-4) will have been opened and first four trumpets have sounded (Rev.8:1-13; 9:1-21; 10:7; 11:15Review: PHASE 10) The answer is found in the identification of the Rev.12 woman because she is the ONLY event that is preserved and protectedfrom the antichrist (in the Ark while the destruction was happening). (Review again: PHASE 10)
a. She is the Bride and reveals God's PURPOSE for why their is a Bride / Ark b. She is the Glorious Church c. She is the full grown seed thought of Noah's Ark d. She is... (to be expanded / continued / PHASE 12 is in the process of filling in the details)
B. NowPaul's warning is urgent!(1Thes.5:1-9) especially to us today! This is because between our present time and the Second Coming (parousia) is the falling away and the man of sin being revealed. (Note: 1Thes.2:5 REVIEW: PHASE 10)
1.Let no man deceive you by any means (2Thes,2:3, Matt.24:4-5,11)
Let no man decieve you. This is the first thing that Jesus said when the disciples asked about His Second Coming. (Matt.24:4-5,11) John says, the spirit of antichristis already (1st. Century AD) in this world. He writes that "even now (1st. Century AD) there are many antichrists(1John.2:18-20; 4:1-4) but there is still "the" antichrist a man (Rev.13:17) to still to come. (2Thes.2:7-8) 2. That "that day" should not overtake you as a thief
Paul says, (Gal.1:11-12) "we are not in darkness, that that day (when they say, Peace and safety 1Thes.5:3) should overtake you as a thief. (because we will be in the Ark / Bride / Rev.12 Woman) You are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ if you don't sleep, and if you are watching, and if you are sober. if you are in the Ark!
3. Because there is trouble ahead of the Church
The trouble ahead is the Seals (Rev.6:1-17; 8:1) and the first four trumpets. (Rev.8:1-13 See chart above) This warning (1Thes.5:19) followed (1Thes.4:13-18) which told them about the Second Coming but the Thessalonians had forgotten Paul's warning.(2Thes.2:1-5)
4. Be like Noah(Matt.24:36-37, Heb.11:7)
a. By "faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, b. Moved with fear, preparedan ark to the saving of his house"(Heb.11:7) Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, (because those that are "alive and remain" will be safe in the Ark / the Rev.12 Woman from the destruction) ("Comfort one another" 1Thes.4:18)
The Pre-Tribulation doctrine teaches we miss all this. This doctrine is teaching that the building of the Ark (according to them) will happen in the "twinkling of an eye" (Automatic)
TO BE CONTINUED (There is MUCH more)..................................