Bibleteachingonline101.net / Phase 12 / Other related subjects (The Pre-Trib.Rapture)
FOOTNOTES (The Pre-Tribulation Rapture)
1. Rapture - This word is not found in God's Word. However, God's Word does say that we will be "caught up" (1Thes.4:17) at Christ's Second Coming a. English Dictionary a feeling of intense pleasure or joy: Leonora listened with rapture.• (raptures) expressions of intense pleasure or enthusiasm about something: the tabloids went into raptures about her (the Rapture) North American (according to some millenarian teaching) the transporting of believers to heaven at the Second Coming of Christ.verb [with object] (usually be raptured) North American (according to some millenarian teaching) transport (a believer) from earth to heaven at the Second Coming of Christ. b.ORIGIN late 16th century(in the sense ‘seizing and carrying off’): from obsolete French, or from medieval Latin raptura ‘seizing,’ partly influenced by rapt. c. Encyclopedia Britannica - The word "Rapture" is actually a Latin word "raptus" from the 16th. century, meaning a state or experience of being carried away by overwhelming emotion. A mystical experience in which the spirit is exalted to a knowledge of divine things.
2. Thompson chain reference Bible - Analyses of Books (The Book of Revelation) a. At Hand- Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words Strong's Number: g1764 "to be present or to be imminent," is rendered "shall come" in 2Ti 3:1; it here expresses permanence, "shall settle in (upon you)."
3. Bear - Strong's NT#941 / perhaps remotely derived from the base of G939(through the idea of removal); to lift, literally or figuratively (endure, declare, sustain, receive, etc.):—bear, carry, take up
4. When I was with you - Paul first went to Thessalonica and founded the Church. (Acts.16:40 - 17:10 -12) on his second Journey. Later he wrote the first epistle to the Thessalonians from Corinth, then passed throng on his third journey (Acts.20:3-6) Second Thessalonians was written from Corinth shortly after the first epistle.
5. Our gathering - Strong's NT#1997 - a complete collection; especially a Christian meeting (for worship):— assembling (gathering) together.
6. Future - Some think this woman is the Nation of Israel, and the man child is Jesus. However, John was told this Revelation 12 Woman is still in the Future. (Rev.4:1-2)
7. The beast / antichrist - They worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months." (Rev.13:4-5)
Therefore everything that is associated with the beast MUST belong in this same time period.
a. Rev.11:1-15 / Beast that ascends from the bottomless pit kills the two witnesses during the same 1260 days (42 months) before the Second Coming. b. Rev.12:1-17 / She is taken out for the same period of time. (Rev.12:6, 14) 1260 days, time, times and dividing of times c. Rev.13:1-18 / The Beast / False prophet (Rev.19:20) / The mark 666 / Number of his name within the same 1260 days, 42 months, time, times and half a time d. Rev.14:9-12 / Worship beast (who the same 42 months, 1260 days) receive mark of his name e. Rev.15:1-8 / Gotten the victory over the beast (who has power for only 42 months, 1260 days) f. Rev.16:1-16 / The Vail poured out on the seat of the beast / antichrist. (who has power for only 42 months, 1260 days which MUST be 42 months before the Second Coming. 2 This.2:8-10) g. Rev.17:3 / Harlot woman (Babylon the Great) sitting upon the beast / antichrist h. Rev.18:1-24 / the Fall of Babylon / the 17 Woman sitting on the beast i. Rev.19:11-21 / The beast / antichrist fights against
8. Resurrection of Just and unjust - Review: PHASE 10 for details of these order of events
9. Noah prepared - Noah was a preacher of righteousness (2Peter.2:5) and a builder. (Gen.6, Heb.11:7) Be sure you have a balance. God protection depended on what he built according to the pattern (fashion). Be sure you are not consumed with the issues of the day and not building. (1Cor.3:10-15) What Noah built according to the pattern of God's Word was what preserved him.
10. Only one that does not go through the Tribulation - This conclusion is arrived at by simply reading the Book of Revelation. (Also: REVIEW: PHASE 10)
11. Before - Some say that the man child is Jesus because He (Jesus) will rule the nations with a rod of iron. (Rev.12:5; 19:15) which identifies the Rev.12 Woman as "Israel" which brought forth Jesus. (However this promise is also given to the Church. Rev.2:26)
Compare the Man child with the birth of Jesus.
a. The man child was caught up unto God, and to his throne." (Rev 12:5-6) "As soon as it was born." (Rev.12:4) Mary and Joseph took Jesus down into Egypt. (Matt.2:13-15)
b. When the wise men came to visit Jesus, He was a "young child." (Matt.2:13) Therefore He had time grow from being a baby to a young child. The confirmation to this is, Herod killed all the children from "two years old and under." (Matt.2:1-23, Note:v.16)
c. Jesus ministered for 3 1/2 years before he "ascended." (Acts.1:11) He did not ascend "as soon as (he) was born." (Rev.12:4)
The next scene is: the woman fled (two wings of a great eagle v.14) into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days". (time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent / 3 1/2 yrs.) Rev 12:14-15, Rev 12:6-7 This is clearly an "end-time" scene, the time of the antichrist, which John (who was many years after the birth of Jesus) says that the antichrist "shall (future) come" (1John.2:18)
12. Woman / Israel - This conclusion is made because of Joseph's dream. (Gen.37:5-11) Jacob / Israel is compared to the Sun. (Gen.37:9-10) The Moon is compared with Racheal. The Stars are compared to J Joseph's (11) brothers. (a) The first reason this is true, is because The Rev.12 Woman is future. (Rev.4:1-2; 12:1) (b) The second reason is that Joseph's dream came true and was fufilled. (Gen. (c) The third reason is what happen to Mary and Joseph and Jesus after His birth does not match what happens to the man child when he is born. (See: Point.11) (d) Another reason is, according to this interpretation, this woman clothed with the glory of Jacob / Israel? What glory did Israel have when Jesus was born?
13. Other events that cannot be separated from the Second Coming - (a) Dragon being chained for a 1000 years (b) The beginning of the Millennium (1000 year rest / 7th day / The ultimate Sabbath) (c) The Beast antichrist and false prophet put in the lake of fire (d) The battle of Armageddon
14. What the Ark points to - That we need to be "preachers of righteousness (2Peter.2:5, 2Cor.5:17-21) and builders (Matt.16:18 / Psa.127:1, 1Cor.3:10-15, Eph.2:20-22, 1 Peter.2:5) at the same time
15. Rev.12 woman / 4 - 5th trumpet - The chart makes it look like the Rev.12 Woman is taken out at the end of the sounding of the 4th. trumpet, at the beginning of the 5th. Trumpet. (REVIEW: PHASE 10) There is no scripture that says this, however She is taken out for the same length of the as the man of sin has power to continue. (1260 days / 42 months / time, times and half a time) Therefore it is a safe conclusion to place her taken out at this tome.
16. The Last Trump - When Paul wrote "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17. I have yet many things to say - Think about this. The Gospels is Jesus "beginning to do and teach" (Acts.1:1 "I have yet many things to say") and the Epistles is Jesus expanding (John.16:10-15, 1Cor.2:1-14) on what He began to do and teach in the Gospels. This applies to our Salvation, (John.3:16, Rom.10:9, 1Peter.2:18-20, 1Cor.5:7-8) Water Baptism (Rom.6:1-11, Col.2:10-12) and our Holy Spirit Baptism. The end- times (Note: Matt.24, 1Thes.4:13-18, 2 Thes.2, Revelation)
18. No Pre-Trib coming - Not one mention of a Pre-Trib. Rapture in the Old Testament Prophets (Isa.2:12, Dan.2:31-45,Joel.1:15; 2:1, 31 / Acts.2:20, Joel.3:14, Amos.4:18-20, Obed.1:15, Zeph.1:13-15, Zech.14:1, Mal.4:5) and there is no Pre-Trib coming in the New Testament. The evidence contradicts this thought: (Matt.24:3, 27, 30, 39, 1Cor.1:7,1Cor.15:23, 1Thes.2:19; 3:13; 4:15; 5:23,2Thes.2:1, 8, Phil.1:10; 2:16, James.5:7-8, 2Peter.1:16; 3:4,12, 1John.2:28, Jude.1: 14. In Revelation the return of Jesus is never preceded by a Pre-Coming. (Rev.19:11-21)
19. The Last Trump - It is the "last trump" (1Cor.15:51-52) because it is the last of seven trumpets that sound, (Rev.8:1-2, 5-13; 9:1-16; 10:7; 11:15) which pulls 1Thes.4:13-18 together with 1Cor.15:51-52 "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven (Second Coming) with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: (these are happening at the same time, at the last trump) and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (1Thes.4:13-18) All these things cannot be separated from the Second Coming.
20.What about Dan.12:1-3 - Some think this is another resurrection for the Old Testament saints that is separate from the New Testament saints. This is incorrect and here is why. Daniel was told (a) "At that time" (the time of the end v.4 / The New Covenant) shall Michael (the archangel 1Thes.4:13) stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy (Daniel's) people: (which are the Jews / the House of Judah (Dan.1:6) "And many of them (Daniel's people) that sleep in the dust of the earth (i.e. dead) shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. (Dan.12:1-2, Note: John.5:29, Acts.24:14) Then Daniel was told to shut up the book until the time of the end. (Dan.12:1-4)
The only way "Daniel's people" (The House of Judah / Jews) can be made "just" is through the blood of Jesus. (Eph.2:11-19, Gal.3:29) The Law could never take away sin. Heb.10:4, There is no other sacrifice for sin. (Heb.10:26-29) This is the only way some will rise to "everlasting life"
21. With child - To with child and not married is the fruit of fornication. (Gen.38:24, Lev.20:14; 21:9) Look at these examples of how God sees fornication. Joseph was about to have Mary "put...away privately" because he assumed that she had fornicated / played the harlot / whore. (Matt.1:18-20) He had the right under the law of Moses. (Duet.24:1) James writes about those that are friends with this world (1John.2:16) are adultery and adulteresses. (Jam.4:1-4) The Jews "that believed on Him" (John.8:31) accused Jesus of being born of fornication" (John.8:41) It was ungodly.
22. Alive and remaining Saints / Christians - 3.c.(2) (a)-(g) identifies these to be the Bride of Christ. Now this presents a sobering question, (1Thes.5:1-9) because there is a preparation required to be part of the Bride. Jesus has "made us accepted in the beloved" (The Bride Rev.20:9 / 21;9-10) but we need to allow ourselves to be made ready. a. Rev.19:7 - What is "made her self ready? b. Matt.22:1-14, note.v.12,- What is the wedding garment? c. Luke.14:15-24 - Excuses? d. Eph.5:21-31- What are spots, wrinkles, blemishes? e. 2Cor.11:3 - What is being a chaste virgin?
Think of the preparation that Noah made. (Gen.6, Heb.11:7)
23. The antichrist is a man - Rev.13:17 "
24. Sober - Strong's NT#4993 / to be of sound mind, i.e. sane, (figuratively) moderate:—be in right mind, be sober (minded), soberly
25. Watch - This is not your natural eye (1 Cor.2:1-14, Matt.13:10-17) This is your spiritual eyes (Heb.5:14) is your understanding of God's Word. (Eph.1:18; 4:18, Luke.24:16, 25, Matt.13:15, 2Cor.3:13-16)
26. Walk - Our everyday walk before the Lord. (Rom.4:12; 8:4, 1Cor.3:3, 2Cor.4:2, Gal.2:14, Eph.2:2, Phil.3:6 Col.1:10, 1 Thes.2:12, 2 Thes.3:11) Lot was only seeing the unlawful deeds of Sodom and it vexed his righteous soul day by day. (2 Peter.2:8) We need the "water of the Word" (Eph.5:26-27) to wash our feet / walk daily as the the Priests did at the Laver. (Exod.30:17-2, 1 Peter.2:5, Heb.8:1-5 / Eph.2:6 / Heb.3:1)
28. Under the Old Testament (Covenant) (1) They knew Messiah would come, The first Coming. But they did not know His name would be Jesus until Gabriel told Mary (Matt.1:17-25, Gen.49: ; / John.8:, Dan.9:25-27, Eph.3:5) (a) Jacob called Him "shiloh" (b) Jeremiah called Him "the Branch" The "root of Jesse" (c) Isaiah called Him The rose of Sharoh the liily of the Garden (2) Many prophets and righteous men (Heb.11:1-16) have desired to see those things (concerning the day of the Lord) which ye (you the Church) see, (Eph.3:5) and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, (about the "day of the Lord") and have not heard them. (Matt.13:10-17) because "it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us. (The Church) God's plan had not unfolded completely yet. (3) When the Prophets spoke of the Day of the Lord, they did not know the order of events that Paul knew (1Peter.1:10-12, Eph.3:1-12, 5) (4) They did not know the reality of the types (Rom.15:4, 1Cor.10:1-11, Heb.9:1-10) they were living in. (Heb.9:1-10, Eph.3:5)
29. Letteth - to hold back, detain, retain; Strongs NT#2722
30. Shewing - to declare, show Strong's NT#584 from G575 and G1166; to show off, i.e. exhibit; figuratively, to demonstrate, i.e. accredit:—(ap-)prove, set forth, shew.
31. Context - [English Dictionary]noun the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed: a. The decision was taken within the context of planned cuts in spending.• the parts of something written or spoken that immediately precede and follow a word or passage and clarify its meaning: word processing is affected by the context in which words appear. b. PHRASES in context considered together with the surrounding words or circumstances: it is difficult now to view these masterpieces in context.out of context without the surrounding words or circum- stances and so not fully understandable: comments that aides have long insisted were taken out of context. c. ORIGIN late Middle English (denoting the construction of a text): from Latin contextus, from con- ‘together’ + texere ‘to weave.’
32. 3 1/2 Years - (Rev.11:3; 12:6; 14; 13:5, Dan.7:25) When dividing 42 into 1260 it gives 30 days. Then multiplying 3 1/2 x 30 = 105 days which 3 1/2 years