Footnotes for Bible Language (Return to Bible Language / Home / Cover Page) _____________________________________________________________________________________________________ 1. Espoused a.Strong's Con. (1) NT#3423 from a derivative of G3415; to give a souvenir (engagement present), i.e. betroth:—espouse. To woo her and ask her in marriage to be promised in marriage, be betrothed. (Matt.1:18, Luke.1:27; 2:5) (2) Also Strong's Con. NT#718 from G719; to joint, i.e. (figuratively) to woo (reflexively, to betroth): — espouse.
b. English Dictionary / Thesaurus. To be betroth / engaged / spoken for / to woo her (romantically pursue, pursue, chase (after); dated court, pay court to, romance, seek the hand of, set one's cap for/at, make love to)
c. Mary and Joseph are a picture of Christ and His Church, because... (1) Mary was "espoused" (engaged) to Joseph. (the bridegroom) She was promised to Joseph in marriage and Joseph "knew her not" (Matt.1:25) i.e. they had not came together as Husband and wife. Paul writes, the Church is "espoused" to Christ. (Promised in marriage) but the marriage has not yet been consummated. (Review: PHASE 10 and 7th. Seal) (2) She was found with child "of the Holy Ghost" while being "espoused" (Matt.1:18) (3) Joseph thought she had being unfaithful to him and he "was minded to put her away" The Levitical Law gave Joseph this authority over Mary (Matt.1:18-19, Deut.24:1-3, Matt.5:17-19, Rom.3:21- 31;16:25-26, Luke.24:44-45) (a) Jesus (our bridegroom Luke.5:44-45) / The last Adam 1 Cor.15:45) will fulfill this Law of Marriage. (Matt.5:17-19, Note: Lev.21:10-15)
Note: This is the connection between Joseph and Mary with Christ and His Church
(b) He is the head of the Church / The last Eve (2 Cor.11:1-3, Eph.5:21-32) with the same authority to put us away if we are commit spiritual adultery with this world. (James.4:1-4 / 1 John.2:15-17, 2 Cor.6:14-18) (c) This is why we need Jesus (our bridegroom / Last Adam) to prepare / present us "a chaste (pure, holy) virgin / last Eve unto Himself. (2 Cor.11:1-3, Matt.25:1-13) Some are expecting this to be automatic, "in the twinkling of an eye." (1 Cor.15:51-52) at any moment. However this is only speaking of our mortal bodies being changed, not our presentation as the Bride of Christ. (d) One we are prepared as a chaste (perfected, completed) virgin, then(PHASE 10, 12) the Holy Ghost will overshadow the Church / the chaste virgin as He did with Mary Luke.1:35) the Church / the chaste virgin (e) THIS IS THE PURPOSE for the Church being presented as a "chaste virgin" in order to be presented and married to Christ, to produce a man child that will cause war in heaven to remove Satan from his access to the heavenly places (Eph.3:1-12) and be limited to this earth. (PHASE 10, 12) 2. One husband The first Eve was presented to one husband, the first Adam (Gen.2:22, 1 Cor.15:45-46) as a "figure" (type / ensample of Him, Jesus). Mary was present to one husband, Joseph. (Matt.1:20) So shall the Churchwill be presented to one husband (Rom.5:14, 1 Cor.15:45-46, Eph.5:21-31, Note.v.30-32 / Gen.2:22-25) (PHASES 1-12)
a. A figure - Strong's Con. NT# 5179 / týpos, too'-pos; from G5180; a die (as struck), i.e. (by implication) a stamp or scar; by analogy, a shape, i.e. a statue, (figuratively) style or resemblance; specially, a sampler ("type"), i.e. a model (for imitation) or instance (for warning):—en-(ex-)ample, fashion, figure, form, manner, pattern, print.of Him that was to come.
b. The same Greek word is translated "ensamples" 1 Cor.10:11
c. Their is another Jesus / counterfeit husband, bridegroom (2 Cor.11:4-15) This "is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; (1 John.2:18-19) and even now already is it in the world, (1 John.2:18-20; 4:1-4, 1 Thes.5:1-8, 2 Thes.2:7) competing against Christ and His Church / Bride with his false bride with a false husband. (Isa.14:11-14, 2 Thes.2:3-4, Matt.13:24- 30, 36-43, Jude.1:1-13)
(1) Another / just like (sound and look like Jesus (a) Rev,13 Powered by the serpent . Devil, Satan (b) Isa.14:11 like the Most High (c) 2 Cor.11:1-15 No marvel / angel of light / ministers of righteousness (d) Jude.1:1-
(2) How do we identify (discern) "another Jesus?" (a) By the Word of God When The Word (John.1:1-14) came and became flesh, (John.1:14, Matt.1:18-25) as the only begotten of the Father (Jesus John.1:18) He did not come to destroy the Old Covenant, (The Law and the Prophets Matt.5:17-19) He came to fulfill them in the New Covenant. This is the Word that the true Jesus will use to "sanctify and cleanse" (Eph.5:26-27) the Church to be His Bride. (b) More to come....
(3) You can only tell the difference by being lead by the anointing of God and a love for truth of the written Word of God. (a) 1 John.2:16-27 (b) 2 Thes.2:19 (c) 1 Cor.2:1-14 (d). Acts.17:11
3. As a chaste virgin The first Eve was a chaste virgin. (Gen.1:26-28) Mary was a chaste virgin. (Matt.1:18, Luke.1:34) The Church shall be a "chaste virgin." (2 Cor.11:1-4, Eph.4:10-16; 5:21-32) a. Chaste - Strong's Con. NT# 53 from the same as G40; properly, clean, i.e. (figuratively) innocent, modest, perfect:—chaste, clean, pure. b. Virgin - Strong's Con. NT# 3933 of unknown origin; a maiden; by implication, an unmarried daughter:—virgin. c. The Law of Marriage for the High Priest Jesus "our High Priest" (Heb.3:1) fulfills this law of marriage (Lev.21:10-15, Matt.5:17-19) can only marry a "virgin" (Church 2 Cor.11:1-4) 4. Any means
a. That ye be not soon shaken in mind (Rom.12:1-2, Isa.26:3, 2 Cor.10:5, 2Cor.11:14) Mind stayed on Jesus b. Or be troubled (1) Neither by spirit (1 John.4:1-4, 2 Thes.2:21) (2) Nor by word (1 Cor.2:1-14) (3) Nor by letter / Epistle (Lost Mss) Suposedly lost Manuscripts, Websites, DVD's CD's, Books) as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. (2 Thes.2:1) The Thessalonians did not search the scriptures to see if those things were so. (Acts.17:11) They did not try the spirits. (1 John.4:1-4) 5. As the serpent beguiled Eve a. While we are being preparing to be presented as a chaste virgin, we must be on alert (watch / pray) discern the beguilment. (Trickery, wiles) b. Don't get into a conversation with the serpent (Devil) as Eve did without submitting to the headship of Christ (the last Adam 1 Cor.15:45-46 / 1 Cor.11:1-10, 1 Tim.2:11-12, Eph.6:12) c. Adam was not talking / Adam was the headship d. Jesus is our headship (Eph.5:21-32) e. Our natural abilities are useless when it comes to spiritual warfare. (2 Cor.10:4, 1 Cor.2:1-14) 6. Your mindsshould be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ - a. We are spirit, soul and body (1Thes.5:23) (1) Our spirit is born again, (John.3:1-6) (2) Our soul (mind, will and emotions) is being renewed / transformed, (Rom.12:1-2) (3) Our body has been provided for until this mortal puts on immortality
Note: Our soul is our mind, will and emotion is because God's Word makes this distinction (1Thes.5:23, Heb.4:13) Our spirit is born again, and our bodies are quicken by the Spirit of God within us. This leaves the soul to be renewed. Renewing our the mind. I will put you in remembrance... casting down every thought imaginations. This is "the spiritual battle ground"
b. Simplicity - Singleness (Strong's Con,NT# 572 from G573; singleness, i.e. (subjectively) sincerity (without dissimulation or self-seeking), or (objectively) generosity (copious bestowal):—bountifulness, liberal(-ity), simplicity, singleness. (1) Christ must preeminent. (Col.1:18) (2) Everything points to Christ. (Heb.9:1-10) (3) NT God has spoken by His Son. (Heb.1:1-2)
c. The serpent appealed to Eve's mind. (Gen.3:1-6) (1) Eve "saw that the tree was good for food" (1 John.2:16 lust of the flesh) (2) Eve that the tree was "pleasant to the eyes" (1 John.2:16 lust of the eyes) (3) Eve that the tree "would make on wise" (1 John.2:16 The pride of life) d. Our mind is still being renewed. (Rom.12:1-2 Burnt Offering)
7. Another Jesus - (See point #2)
8. Mystery - Vine's Expo. Dict. Primarily that which is known to the mustes, "the initiated" (from mueo, "to initiate into the mysteries;" cp. Phl 4:12, mueomai, "I have learned the secret," RV). In the NT it denotes, not the mysterious (as with the Eng. word), but that which, being outside the range of unassisted natural apprehension, can be made known only by Divine revelation, and is made known in a manner and at a time appointed by God, and to those only who are illumined by His Spirit. In the ordinary sense a "mystery" implies knowledge withheld; its Scriptual significance is truth revealed. Hence the terms especially associated with the subject are "made known," "manifested," "revealed," "preached," "understand," "dispensation." The definition given above may be best illustrated by the following passage: "the mystery which hath been hid from all ages and generations: but now hath it been manifested to His saints" (Col 1:26, RV). "It is used of: 9. Ignorant - Strong's NT:50 from NT:1 (as a negative particle) and NT:3539; not to know (through lack of information or intelligence); by implication, to ignore (through disinclination): KJV - ignorant (-ly), not know, not understand, unknown. Disinclination - reluctance, unwillingness, opposition, hesitation, loatheness (think Num.21:5)
10. Jot -Strong's NT:2503 of Hebrew origin [the tenth letter of the Hebrew alphabet]; "iota", the name of the eighth letter of the Greek alphabet, put (figuratively) for a very small part of anything: KJV - jot.
11. Tittle - Strong's NT:2762 something horn-like, i.e. (specially) the apex of a Hebrew letter (figuratively, the least particle): KJV - tittle
12. Means- CD's, DVD's, Books, TV Programs, Internet, Websites
13. Subtilty - Strong's NT:3834 from NT:3835; adroitness, i.e. (in a bad sense) trickery or sophistry: KJV - (cunning) craftiness, subtilty. 14. Simplicity - Strong's NT:572 from NT:573; singleness, i.e. (subjectively) sincerity (without dissimulation or self-seeking), or (objectively) generosity (copious bestowal): KJV - bountifulness, liberal (-ity), simplicity, singleness.
15. Mix- Like that of Saul. (1Sam.15) He mixed his own ideas with God's Word and was rejected from being king.
16. Confound- Strong's Con. OT #1101 / to fodder to overflow (specifically with oil.); by implication, to mix; to fodder:—anoint, confound, × fade, mingle, mix (self), give provender, temper. Confuse
11. Yeast - yeast |yēst| nouna microscopic fungus consisting of single oval cells that reproduce by budding, and are capable of converting sugar into alcohol and carbon dioxide.
12. Pertaining- Strong's G4012 in the following manner: of (148x), for (61x), concerning (40x), about (31x), as touching (8x), touching (3x), whereof (with G3739) (3x), not translated (4x), miscellaneous (33x).
13. Fullfilment / Reality a. Fulfill - Strong's Con. #4137 / to make replete, i.e. (literally) to cram (a net), level up (a hollow), or (figuratively) to furnish (or imbue, diffuse, influence), satisfy, execute (an office), finish (a period or task), verify (or coincide with a prediction), etc.:—accomplish, × after, (be) complete, end, expire, fill (up), fulfil, (be, make) full (come), fully preach, perfect, supply. b. Reality - Eng. Dict. |rēˈalədē| noun (plural realities) 1 the world or the state of things as they actually exist.
14. Feast of Weeks- The church in the wilderness (Acts.8:37-38, / Israel, 1Cor.10:1-11) were to number 7 Sabbaths. (This would be 49 days / 7 weeks, because the Sabbath was once a week on the 7th. day Exod.16:23) Then on the morrow after the 7th. Sabbath (day 50) they proclaim the Feast of Weeks. (Lev.23:15-21, Deut.16:16-17) The New Testament name is "Pentecost" which means, the Feast 50 days after Passover. (Strong's NT #4005) 15. Feast of Harvest - (Exod.23:14-17-22, Deut.16:16-17)
16. Puffed -Strong's NT:5448 - from NT:5449 in the primary sense of blowing; to inflate, i.e. (figuratively) make proud (haughty): KJV - puff up.
17.Cut Off- There are many examples of God cutting people off. Cain was cut off. (Gen.4) with a New Testament warning. (1John.3:) Israel was broken off (Rom.11:19-25). The older generation were prevented from going into the land because of their unbelief. (Num.14:26-45) Hebrews was giving this same warning. (Heb.3:7-19; 4:1-11) The five foolish virgins. (Matt.25:1-13) 18. Number 7 - Israel was to keep their house clean of leaven 7 days. Seven is "Bible Language" meaning completely. On the seventh day God rested, because His work was finished. (Gen.2:1-3) Under the Law, the leper was declared completely clean after seven days.(Lev.13:1- 51) The Feast days were complete within a seventh month period of time. (Lev.23:23-41) Joshua and the children of Israel marched around the walls of Jericho, seven times on the seventh day, and Jericho was completely destroyed. (Josh.6:1-27) Naaman was completely healed of his leprosy after he had dipped in the river Jordan seven times. (2Kings.5:1-14) The Mystery of God is finished at the sounding of the seventh trump. (Rev.10:7) When Paul says, "let us keep the feast" he is saying, keep it in it's reality, everyday. 19.Here is the Greek word for "Unleavened bread." Strong's NT:106 from NT:1 (as a negative particle) and NT:2219; unleavened, i.e. (figuratively) uncorrupted; (in the neutral plural) specially (by implication) the Passover week: KJV - unleavened (bread). This word has been translated "Unleavened Bread" every time, except in 1Cor.5:7-8) This breaks the thread of thought from where unleavened bread is first mention through to the New Testament reality / filfillment / completion. 20. Samson was daily vexed and was brought down by Delilah (Rev.17 Harlot Woman)
21. Review: Phase 2, Pages. 1- 4. Review: The Phase 8/ The Feast of Unleavened Bread