You can add HTML directly into this element to render on the page.
Just edit this element to add your own HTML.
VIII. Ark of the Covenant going 2,000 cubits before Israel
The "Ark of the Covenant" (Josh.3:1-6) is a shadow (model, type, picture, example, blueprint ) of what Jesus is to the Church today. As the priests carried the Ark ahead of the "Church in the wilderness" (Acts.7:38, 1Cor.10:11)2000 cubits, Jesus has gone ahead of the Church 2000 years, and is waiting (Acts.3:19-21, Rev.10:7) in the midst of the Jordan for the "complete collection" of all the people of God at His Second Coming (1Thes.4:17, 2Thes.2:1).
A. What was the Ark of the Covenant?
The Ark of the Covenant belonged in the Most Holy place of the Tabernacle of Moses. This was where God met with Moses (Exod.25:22). This was where God gave commandment for all things concerning the "Church in the wilderness" (Israel Acts.7:38).
It was two and a half cubits long, a cubit and a half wide, and a cubit and a half high (Exod.25:10). A Cubit is approx.18 inches. It was made of shittim wood and overlaid with gold (Exod.25:11). It had a lid called the "mercy seat" (Exod.25:20). The mercy seat was covered by two cherubims that stretched forth their wings (Exod.25:20- 22). The Ark had four rings with four staves for traveling (Exod.25:12-15; 30:4, Num.7:9, 1Chron.15:14).
2. The Ark belonged in the Most Holy Place
Moses was told to "hang up the vail under the taches, that thou mayest bring in thither within the vail the ark of the testimony: and the vail shall divide unto you between the holy place and the most holy (Exod.26:33-34).
B. The Ark of the Covenant is a "ensample" (type) of Christ. God says, "there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel" (Ex 25:22-23).
1. The word "propitiation" means "mercy seat"
Christ is the fulfillment (completion) of the mercy seat. He (Jesus) is our "propitiation,"i.e. mercy seat (1John.2:2, Rom.3:25, Heb.9:5). The blood of Jesus is the only place of atonement in the true Tabernacle (Heb.8:1-5), just as the blood stained mercy seat was the place of atonement in the "model" of the Tabernacle of Moses (Lev.16, Heb.9-10).
2. Ark was the center piece of the Law of Moses
The Ark of the Covenant was the reason (the purpose) for all the structure of the Tabernacle, all the Laws, the Priesthood and the Offerings. The same is true for the New Testament Church. Christ must have preeminence (be the center). Jesus is to be "the head of the body, the Church...that in all things he might have preeminence" (Col 1:18).
3. The Ark was the only meeting place "I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim's
which are upon the ark of the testimony" (Exod.25:22-23, Lev.16).There is "one God, and
one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (1Tim 2:5-6, John.14:6). The
pattern has not changed, only fulfilled / completed. The Lord Jesus Christ is the only
meeting place with God in the New Covenant (1Tim.2:5, John.14:6, Acts.4:12).
4. God's voice heard only with the Ark God says, "there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony" (Exod.25:23). The patternhas not been destroyed, but fulfilled (Matt.5:17-18). There is only one place where God's voice is heard,that is through Jesus Christ, our propitiation / our mercy seat. All other voices are "another Jesus"(2Cor.11:4, Gal.1:6).
5. The Ark lead Israel (The Church in the wilderness) Jesus has been leading (John.16:12-15, 1Cor.2:9-14) the Church on a journey, just as the Ark lead Israel (Num.9:15-23; 10:1-36). Review: Phase.2, Pages.1-4
6. After crossing Jordan, Jericho being defeated
After there was a complete collection(2Thes.2:1) of the Church in the wilderness (with the Ark of theCovenant 1Thes.4:17) to the other side of Jordan, then there was the complete destruction of Jericho.This is a model (type, picture, shadow) of the kingdoms of this world becoming the kingdoms of our Lordand of His Christ (Rev.11:15, Josh.6:1-26, v.20).