I.Unprepared for the Marriage of Christ and His Church
God Word is the only thing that will prepare you. "Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." (2Cor.3:18)
A. Beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord
1. With open face a. Not vail over Old Testament scriptures (2Cor.3:13-16) b. Vail done away in Christ
2. Beholding...the glory of the Lord a. The context is as Moses spent time in God's presence b. It changed him
3. What is the "glass?" a. Beholding / Looking - Lot seeing and hearing (James.1:22-25) b. Glass / mirror / The Word of God - The perfect Law of Liberty c. Looking glasses of the Women / Laver / Looked into, took the water, applied the water washing of water by the Word of God. (Eph.5)
B. From Glory to Glory
1. Context from the Old Testament Glory to the New Testament Glory 2. .
C. Changed into the same image
1. image / Bride 2. This is not the in a twinkling of an eye / changed. This change is only for our physical bodies 3. .
D. Look at all the preparation / change that takes time! As it was in the days of Noah
1. Matt.16:18 Jesus said He would build His Church 2. Eph.2:20-22 (Gal.1:11-12) The Church is being built a Holy Temple 3. 1 Peter.2:5 We are being built a spiritual House / Lively stones 4. 1 Cor.3:10-15 Build correctly with Gold, Silver and Precious stones 5. Eph.4:10-16 He gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; a. For the perfecting of the saints, (Note: It is the apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor and teacher that perfect the saints, not the twinkling of an eye) for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: b. Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, (Note: 1 Cor.13:9-12) unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ." This is the purpose of these five ministries. Some say that this happens in a moment, in the twinkling an eye. 6. Eph.5:21-32 There must be a glorious church without spot of wrinkle. There no mention that this happens in the twinkling of an eye
K. God is a finisher. He will not start building and then call it quits and
L. Some think this is "automatic" (i.e. in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye 1Cor.15:51-52).
1. If this is true, ask yourself these questions.
a. Why do we need the ministry of the apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor and teacher to become a perfect man, (Eph.4:11-16, 1Cor.13:9-12) if this will happen anyway, without any notice, in the middle of your maturing, stop everything. God is a finisher" (Luke.14:25-33) He will never start something and not finish. (Phil.1:) Think of Samson. at the Pre-Trib. Rapture
b. Why do I need to be a completed building (Eph.2:1-22) if this will happen anyway, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye
c. Why do I need to washed by the water of the Word. (Eph.5:26-27) if this will happen anyway?
d. Why do I need to without spot? (2Peter.3:14) if this will happen anyway?
e. Why does the Bride need to make herself ready (Rev.19:7-8) if this will happen anyway?
f. Why do I need to be like Him, before we see Him (1John.3:2) if this will happen anyway?
g. Why do we need to be presented as a glorious Church (Bride) Eph.5:21-32 Note: It does not say we will become a glorious church at His coming. There is no mention of Eph.5:21-32 as the Second Coming, this is assumed. (Review: The Rapture)
I. The context of 1 Cor.15:1-57 is the bodily resurrection.
The twinkling of an eye is referring to our physical bodies putting on immortality. It has nothing to do with our spiritual stature. (i.e. Become a perfect man