FOOTNOTES / Rev.12 Woman ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 1. Rev.12-21 - These events belong in the 42 month Tribulation period because they are all associated with the antichrist (man of sin / beast)
a. The Rev.12 Woman is taken out for the same time period. (1260 days, time, times and half a time 42 months. b. Forty-two months is the only time given to him (Rev.13:5) 2. Israel - Paul says, "I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: (the Jew today) Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen. Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect." [i.e. God's plan and purpose has not failed because they rejected Christ as the Messiah] (Rom.9:1-5) Paul continues, "For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.(Gen.15:1-6, Rom.2:28-29, Gal.3:1-29; 4:20-31, 6:15-16, Eph.2:11-22) That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise (Isaac / Church Rom.9:7-14, Gal.4:28) are counted for the seed." For in "Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. (Being born again) And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God." (Gal.6:15-16) 3. Apostles - Strong's NT#652 - a delegate; specially, an ambassador of the Gospel; officially a commissioner of Christ ("apostle") (with miraculous powers [2Cor.12:12]):—apostle,[78x] messenger,[2x] he that is sent[1x] a. Apostle (Matthew -Matt.10:1, Mark - Mark.6:30, Luke - Luke.9:10, John - John.13:16, Acts.1:2, Paul - Rom.1:1, 1Cor.1:1, Timothedus / Silvanus - 1Thes.1:1-10; 2:1-6) b. Messenger- NT#652 (Titus /and (2Cor.8:23) c. He that is sent - NT#652 (John.13:16, Rom.10:14-15) d. Jesus chose 12 apostles - (However not all the apostles wrote scripture or saw the Lord / NOTE: Timothy, Silvanus, Titus, Phillip, Bartholonew, Thomas, Lebbaeus, Simon the Canaanite, and Judas) (1) Peter wrote 1st. and 2nd. Peter (2) John wrote 1st, 2nd, 3rd John as well as Revelation (3) Paul wrote Romans, Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Thessalonians, Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews. (4) James wrote The Book of James (5) Jude (was not listed as one of the 12 apostles) wrote The Book of Jude
4. Neither was their place found any more in heaven - The wrestling in heavenly places is over (Eph.6:11-12) The dragon cast down to the earth / This dragon gives power to his man of sin and the false prophet for 42 months. Then Jesus returns and destroys the antichrist / false prophet / placed in lake of fire. The dragon (Satan) is put in the bottomless pit for a 1000 years. (See pages) a. Lucifer was "the anointed cherub that covereth" (Eze.28:14) b. Job (Job.1:6-12) c. Joshua (Zech.4:1-3) d. Accusing us today (Rev.12:10)
5. Access to accuse - When Satan accuses us before God's throne "we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Heb.4:14-17; 7:1-28) 6. Harlot - Strong's OT#2181/ to commit adultery (usually of the female, and less often of simple fornication, rarely of involuntary ravishment); figuratively, to commit idolatry (the Jewish people being regarded as the spouse of Jehovah):—(cause to) commit fornication, × continually, × great, (be an, play the) harlot, (cause to be, play the) whore, (commit, fall to) whoredom, (cause to) go a-whoring, whorish.
7. Beast - There are other beasts in Revelation. a. Strong's NT#2226 - a live thing, i.e. an animal:—beast (Rev.4:6-11; 5.6-14; 6:1-8; 7:11; 14:3; 15:7; 19:4) b. Strong’s NT#2342 - a dangerous animal:—(venomous, wild) beast. (Rev.11:7; 13:1-18; 14:9-11; 15; 16:2-13; 17:1-17; 19:19-20; 20:4-10) c. Strong's NT#2934 - i.e. (specially) a domestic animal:—beast. (Rev.18:13-14) There will be "another beast" identified as the false prophet (Rev.13:11-18; 19:20)
8. Going to the same direction - (See PHASE 12, Page.7)
9. Think of Judas Iscariot - He continued with the disciples (Matt.10:1-5, John.13:26-30 / 1John.2:18-19) until "Jesus dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon. After this Satan entered into him and he went out from the 12 apostles and betrayed Jesus.
10. Mystery of iniquity a. Mystery - Strong’s NT#3466 - (to shut the mouth); a secret or "mystery" (through the idea of silence imposed by initiation into religious rites):—mystery. b. Iniquity - Strong’s NT#458 - illegality, i.e. violation of law or (genitive case) wickedness:—iniquity, × transgress(-ion of) the law, unrighteousness. 11 / 12. The Lion, Leopard, Bear - These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth" When comparing the description of the kings (and their kingdoms), with Dan.2:36-45; 8:1-12, 19-25; 11:1-35, it is realized that the Lion is Babylon, Bear is Media-Persia, The Leopard is Greece, and fourth beast Rome (dreadful and terrible and strong exceedingly) that reaches to the last day. This beast / antichrist will encompass all these kingdoms into one kingdom. (Rev.13:1-18) 13. Why come against all that is called God - It is because God's name is recorded on us, the Church, the Temple of God) The beast / antichrist wants to sit "in the temple of God, shewing (showing) that he is God and record his counterfeit name upon us. (2Thes.2:4, Isa.14:13-14, 1John.2:18-20, 4:1-4) a. The name means to character. (Who the person is) JESUS was called "Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us." (Matt.1:23, John.1:1-14, Col.2:9) (1) Eve was called "woman" because she was taken out of man (Gen.2:23) After the fall Adam called her Eve because she was the mother of all living (Gen.3:20) (2) Abram's name was changed to Abraham (a father of many nations have I made thee (you) Gen.17:5 (3) Sarai names changed to Sarah (a mother of Nations Gen.17:15) (4) Jacob (heel-catcher (i.e. supplanter Strong's OTNT#3290) name was changed to Israel / Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. (Gen.32:28; 35:10) (5) The names of the 12 Sons of Jacob had (that became the 12 tribes of Israel / Children of Israel) what they were and what they would become (Gen.49:1-28) (6) Peter From Simon to Cephas to a rock / stone (John.1:42) b. The first mention of God's NAME being recorded (1) It began in (Exod.20:24, Deut.12:5,11: 14:23-24; 16:2,6,11; 1Chron.13:13:6; 22:19; 29:16, Matt.18:20, Matt.28:19, Col.3:17 / Acts.2:36 )
(2) And continues in the New Covenant Gal.3:24, Eph.3:15) We are baptized into God's Name when we are Water Baptized. (Matt.28:19, Acts.2:36-38; 8:16; 10:48; 19:5) First called "Christians" (i.e. follower of Christ:—Christian. Strong's NT#5546) at Antioch
c. Look at the true Christ...................................................and the counterfeit / antichrist ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(1) THE LORD JESUS CHRIST (Acts.2:36).............................The beast / antichrist (Rev.13:18) (2) Jesus sent the Holy Spirit of God (John.14:26; 16:10-15, Acts.2)...............................................................The spirit of antichrist is already in the world (1John.2:18-20; 4:14, 2Thes.2:7) (3) JESUS / The one man (John.1:1-14, Rom.5:10-21, Matt;1-17, Rom.9:1-5, Phil.2:5-10).......... A counterfeit Man, "like" the most high (Rev.13:18, Isa.14:11-14, 2Cor.11:1-15) (4) JESUS the God-man (Deity) that was without sin (2Cor.5:21).........................................................................Showing himself to be the God-Man. When he is the man of sin (2Thes.2:4) (5) We are to press towards the (future) mark of the prize of the high calling. (Phil.2:15) There is no greater high calling than to be the Bride of Christ. (Eph.5:21-33, Rev.12).......................................................When John saw the beast (antichrist) come out of the sea, (Rev.13:1-2) it was speaking of Things that must be hereafter. Therefore there is a counterfeit "mark" and a counterfeit high calling. (Rev.17) (6) The Spirit of God has a true "mark" that we are to attain. (Phil.3:1-15, Eph.4:11-16)...............................The beast / antichrist wants the mark or the number of his name. 666 (Rev.13:18)
d. Our family name is the LORD JESUS CHRIST. As "Christians" we must bring honor to the family name in word and deed. (Eph.3:15, Rom.2:24, Gen.24:30, 1Sam.2:18) e. Note that the beast / antichrist is referred to as "the man of sin" This is a counterfeit of "the man Christ Jesus" who has redeemed us. Paul says, "For if through the offence of one (the first Adam) many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, (the last Adam / the God - Man) hath abounded unto many. And not as it was by one that sinned, (the first Adam) so is the gift: (the last Adam) for the judgment was by one (the first Adam) to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. For if by one man's offence (the first Adam) death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ / the last Adam) Therefore as by the offence of one (the first Adam) judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift (the last Adam) came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.(Rom.5:10-21, Phil.2:) f. This all spiritual (Eph.2:1-22; 3:1-12) g. This is why the beast / antichrist requires his name. It is to be just "like" / "another Jesus" (Isa.14:) (1) The mark - A counterfeit spiritual mark, not a natural (Rev.13:17-18) (2) Or the name of the beast (antichrist) 666 / the number of a man - a spiritual number, not natural. NOTE: Some are looking for a natural mark / computer chip etc, etc. (3) Or the number of his name (4) This is all SPIRITUAL. Why would this be NATURAL, because the Most High is NOT building together a natural House / Temple / Bride / New Jerusalem. (Remember: Lucifer wants to be "like" the most high
15. Apostate - Falling away 2Thes.2:3 (Strong's NT#646 - defection from truth (properly, the state) ("apostasy"): —falling away, forsake.
16. Manipulating - Jude was writing to "them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called." (Jude.1:1) There "are certain men" (those like Cain, Balaam, Korah / spots) have crept in unawares, (in the 1st. Century until our present day 2Cor.11:1-15)...turning (i.e. manipulating to control cleverly, unfairly, or unscrupulously) the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ." This is the spirit of antichrist (enemy) planting tares among the wheat. (Matt.13:24-30, 36-43) as it hinders, lays a snare, try's to trick, deceive the Church (the last Eve) as she is being prepared to be present to Christ the last Adam
17. Testimony of the antichrist is just "like" - False anointing (See false prophet / "Idol") that is "like" the testimony of the Rev.12 Woman (Bride / Wife) is the Spirit (anointing) of Prophecy (Rev.19:7-10)
18. (See point #13)
19. All that is called God - (See point13, a, b)
20. Like - The man of sin will have the same purpose as the father the dragon, the serpent, the Devil and Satan. (Isa.14:11-14, 2Thes.2:1-9) NOTE: The word "opposeth"- Strong’s NT#480 / to lie opposite, i.e. be adverse (figuratively, repugnant) to:—adversary, be contrary, oppose.