Times of the Gentiles
There are three statements concerning the Gentiles (or the Nations that are not Jewish)
A. But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not;
B. for it is given unto the Gentiles:
C. and the holy city shall they tread under foot
1. Tread under foot is Is signifying dominion
2. This is time of the man of sin (antichrist)
3. This man of sin has power over all Nations (including the Jewish Nation)
4. Jerusalem is spiritually called Sodom and Egypt.
D. forty and two months. (3 1/2 years)
1. This is different to Rom.11:25 and Luke.21:24 because the outer court is given to the Gentiles or the
Nations. it is assumed that it the "times" of the Gentiles
2. What the "times of the Gentiles"
a. This began when God gave Nebuchadnezzar the dream about the kingdoms of this world (Gentiles)
b. This was the time when God was bringing the House of Judah and the Kingdoms of this World
to the Messiah.
c. Messiah came and paid to price (1Cor.6:19-20) for sin for whosoever will. (Jew or Gentile)
d. As a Nation the Jews rejected Christ (To the Jew first because of Covenant)
A. For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your
B. that blindness in part is happened to Israel,
C. until the fulness (or the full number) of the Gentiles be come in.
1. This time of the Gentiles is tied together with the blindness that happen to Israel because their
rejection of Christ, counting the blood of the Covenant a unholy thing
2. The until is tied together with the overspread of the abomination of desolation which began
the destruction of their Temple, 70 AD and
a. Waiting for the full number of the Gentiles be brought in.
This is different than Rev.11:1-2 because of the time period.
A. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and
B. Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles,
c. until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
The Nations were divided after the tower of Babel (Babylon)
While Daniel was a captive of Babylon he received revelation of the kingdoms of this
world. (Gentile Nations) God was beginning to work with Gentile Nations beginning with
(1) God was about to release Judah from their captivity / gave them a time table when
the Messiah would come
(2) Dan.2:1-45 / God gave a God-given dream of the future kingdoms of this using a image.
The false prophet makes an image that the world is to worship / time of the end
(2). Dan.9 Daniel was told how long it would take to rebuild the City and walls
(3) Dan.8 This time is indentified as Media- Perisa, and the wait until the Messiah (Greece)
Messiah would be cut (crucified) off. To reconcile both Gentile Nations and Jews
together as one man. THE CENTER PIECE of God's Redemptive Plan. This time is given to
the Gentiles until the...
- Abomination of Desolation is fulfilled
(4) Dan.7. Then God gave Daniel understanding of the anti-Messiah (Christ) Little Horn
come in the time of the end and will be destroyed by the Second Coming of THE TRUE
(5) Dan.10-11 This is confirmed
(6) Dan.12 Shut up the book (sealed) until the seal boook is opened in Revelation