"For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present youas a chaste virgin to Christ. But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ." (2Cor.11:1-4)
I. Present you (The Church, the Body of Christ)
That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish." (Eph.5:26-27) A. The apostle Paul
1. Taught by Jesus(Gal.1:11-12)
2. Inspired / lead by the Spirit of God / anointed. (2 Tim.3:16-17)
3. Used the first marriagebetween Adam and Eve to explain about the last marriage. (Eph.5:21-32) a. Adam was interpreted as a "figure" (type) (Rom.5:14-19 Note: The "one man") b. Jesus is called the "last Adam" (Rom.5:14, 1 Cor.15:45-46) c. Eve is compared to the Church. (2 Cor.11:1-4, Eph.5:21-32) d. God formed / made Eve before she was brought to Adam. (Eph.5:26-27 "presented") (1) The "first Adam" (a figure Rom.5:14, 1Cor.15:45-46) was put to sleep. (Gen.2:21-22) (a) Figure - Strong's Con.NT#5179 / from G5180; a die (as struck), i.e. (by implication) a stamp or scar; by analogy, a shape, i.e. a statue, (figuratively) style or resemblance; specially, a sampler ("type"), i.e. a model (for imitation) or instance (for warning):—en-(ex- )ample, fashion, figure, form, manner, pattern, print. (b) Figure / Ensample same Greek Word. NT#5179 (1Cor.10:11) (c) While the first Adam (figure) slept- Figure or ensample of Christ's death. Strong's Con.#2837 / from G2749; to put to sleep, i.e. (passively or reflexively) to slumber; figuratively, to decease:— (be a-, fall a-, fall on) sleep, be dead. (2) Then Eve was taken from His side. (Gen.2:21) (a) The "last Adam" (Jesus) gave Himself for His Church, His espoused, betroth Bride (b) (More to come).... (3) Then after she was formed, then she was presented to Adam "complete" (Gen.2:21-25) (a) The "last Adam" will present to Himself a fully formed, built. (b) (More to come)...
At this moment The Church is being "made" (to build (literally and figuratively):—(begin to) build(-er), obtain children, make, repair, set (up), × surely. Strong's Con. NT#1129 Jesus put the thought of a body and a building together (John.2:18-20) which was continued by the apostles. (1Peter.2:5, Eph.2:20-22; 4:10-16, Matt.16:18)Then (when the building is completed / The Body fully grown to maturity) they will be married. (Gen.2:25) The purpose was to replemish the earth and take dominion. (Gen.1:26-28)
(5) But the failed / fell into sin because deception / and the fall / driven out from the garden. (Gen.3:1-24)
(6) Then (after they fell into sin) she brought forth a man child, (Gen.4:1-4) that was born in sin.