That I May Present You ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present youas a chaste virgin to Christ. But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ." (2Cor.11:1-4)
I. There is A FUTURE PRESENTING of the Church
A. Might be a Glorious Church "...I speaking concerning Christ and His Church" (Eph.5:21-32) B. That may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ (2Cor.11:1-4) C. This is the Mark of the Prize of the high calling (Phil.2:15) D. JESUS (The Bridegroom) will "present to Himself a glorious Church" BEFORE the Second Coming. It is assumed that Eph.5:21-33 is at the Second Coming. II. Present you (The Church, the Body of Christ)
That He (The Lord Jesus Christ) might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, (using the gifts of the apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor and teacher) that He gave to men. That he might present it(The Church) to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish." (Eph.5:26-27) A. That I (the apostle Paul) along with...
the prophet, evangelist, pastor and teacher that will perfect the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: (Eph.4:11-13)
1. NOTE: There a two parts to this verse a. For the perfection (Adulthood / Maturity) of the Saints (individually in every generation) b. Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: (Eph.4:11-13)
1. Taught by Jesus(Gal.1:11-12)
2. Inspired / lead by the Spirit of God / anointed. (2 Tim.3:16-17)
3. Used the first marriagebetween Adam and Eve to explain about the last marriage. (Eph.5:21-32) a. Adam was interpreted as a "figure" (type) (Rom.5:14-19 Note: The "one man") b. Jesus is called the "last Adam" (Rom.5:14, 1 Cor.15:45-46) c. Eve is compared to the Church. (2 Cor.11:1-4, Eph.5:21-32) d. God formed / made Eve before she was brought to Adam. (Eph.5:26-27 "presented") (1) The "first Adam" (a figure Rom.5:14, 1Cor.15:45-46) was put to sleep. (Gen.2:21-22) (a) Figure - Strong's Con.NT#5179 / from G5180; a die (as struck), i.e. (by implication) a stamp or scar; by analogy, a shape, i.e. a statue, (figuratively) style or resemblance; specially, a sampler ("type"), i.e. a model (for imitation) or instance (for warning):—en-(ex- )ample, fashion, figure, form, manner, pattern, print. (b) Figure / Ensample same Greek Word. NT#5179 (1Cor.10:11) (c) While the first Adam (figure) slept- Figure or ensample of Christ's death. Strong's Con.#2837 / from G2749; to put to sleep, i.e. (passively or reflexively) to slumber; figuratively, to decease:— (be a-, fall a-, fall on) sleep, be dead. (2) Then Eve was taken from His side. (Gen.2:21) (a) The "last Adam" (Jesus) gave Himself for His Church, His espoused, betroth Bride (b) (More to come).... (3) Then after she was formed, then she was presented to Adam "complete" (Gen.2:21-25) (a) The "last Adam" will present to Himself a fully formed, built. (b) (More to come)...
At this moment The Church is being "made" (to build (literally and figuratively):—(begin to) build(-er), obtain children, make, repair, set (up), × surely. Strong's Con. NT#1129 Jesus put the thought of a body and a building together (John.2:18-20) which was continued by the apostles. (1Peter.2:5, Eph.2:20-22; 4:10-16, Matt.16:18)Then (when the building is completed / The Body fully grown to maturity) they will be married. (Gen.2:25) The purpose was to replemish the earth and take dominion. (Gen.1:26-28)
(5) But the failed / fell into sin because deception / and the fall / driven out from the garden. (Gen.3:1-24)
(6) Then (after they fell into sin) she brought forth a man child, (Gen.4:1-4) that was born in sin.
This more to come........
PRESENTED COMPLETED as Eve was was to the first Adam