FOOTNOTES - 7th Seal __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 1. Sanctuary - Dan.8 speaks of two separate visions. The Ram and He goat vision which concerning Media- Persia,Greece and the beginning stages of Rome. (Dan.8:1-13, 20-25) The other vision was "sanctuary being cleansed." (Dan.14, 26-27) The "days" (v.14) or "evenings and mornings" (v.26-27) Review: Phase 5, Page 1
2. Clean - A study of The Feasts of Israel will reveal that the Feast of Pentecost
3. Angel - Strong's Concordance NT#32. †ἄγγελος ángelos, ang'-el-os; from ἀγγέλλω angéllō (probably derived from G71; compare G34) (to bring tidings); a messenger; especially an "angel"; by implication, a pastor:—angel, messenger.(Blue Letter Blue)
4. True - From VINES Exspository Dictionary) the spiritual, antitypical tabernacle, Hbr 8:2; 9:24, not that the wilderness tabernacle was false, but that it was a weak and earthly copy of the heavenly. (Note: Heb.10:1-4, Rom.8:1-4 The Law (i.e. the day of atonement) could never take away sin. It was incomplete. The Law brings to Christ (Gal.3:24) who COMPLETES the Law. Jesus (God manifest in the flesh John.1:1-14, 1Tim.3:15-16) did not destroy it. (Matt.5:17-19, Rom.3:31)
5. Temple never to be built again - John.2:18-20, Matt.23:36--39; 24:1-2 (70 AD) The only Temple that God dwells in now (New Testament) is the Church. (Acts.7:47; 17:24, 1Cor.6:19-20, Eph.2:1-22, 1Tim.2:15, 1Peter.2:5)
6. The Day - It is "the day" of Atonement because the the context of the Book of Hebrews which the High Priest going into the Most Holy, (Heb.2:17; 3:1;4:14-16; 5:1-14;6:20; 7:1-28; 8:1-5; 9:1-28; 10:1-25) which only happens on the day of atonement. The writer of Hebrews was looking for a future day, (Heb.5:11-14) after the Cross (Passover) and the day of Pentecost (Acts.2:1) This day can only be the day of atonement, the Feast of Tabernacles in the 7th Month, because it has not been fulfilled / completed yet. (Review: The Feasts, Phase 8, 9, 11) 7. Chaste - Strong's Con. NT # 40 / properly, clean, i.e. (figuratively) innocent, modest, perfect:—chaste, clean, pure.
8. Presented - The Church ( the last Eve 1Cor.15:45, 2Cor.11:3) will already completed BEFORE she was presented the last Adam as his bride. (Gen.2:22) This is a "figure" pointing to Christ (Rom.5:) Note: The Greek definition of the"presented." (Review: Blue Letter Bible.com) 9. Spots - Strong's Con. NT #4696 of uncertain derivation; a stain or blemish, i.e. (figuratively) defect, disgrace:—spot. Vines Expo. Dict. "a spot or stain," is used metaphorically (a) of moral blemish, Eph 5:27; (b) of lascivious and riotous persons, (2Pe 2:13)
10. Korah / Core - Both the same person. Korah is the OT Hebrew and Core is the NT Greek. Just like Elijah in the OT is called "alias" in the NT
11. This cleansing is not speaking of our Salvation. (i.e. going to heaven) Is is speaking of a cleansing of the corruption (i.e. the wood, hay and stubble 1Cor.3:10-15) that has been allowed in the Church.
12. This is why I use the King James Bible Phase 1
13. Cannot bring atonement - "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: 13 (for until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam’s transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. 15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. 16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. 17 For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) The Word became flesh (John.1:1-14) who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: and being found in fashion as a man, (i.e. the reality of Aaron the High Priest, who represented the entire Church in the wilderness Lev.16, Acts.7:38, 1Cor.10:1-11) he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. (Phil.2:8) No angel could do this!
14. Desolate - From the Thayer's Greek Lexicon / Strong's NT / Greek #2048
15. Temple of God - Note: This makes the "temple of God" in 2Thes.2:4 the Church that the man of sin is going to exalt himself and show himself to be God. No wonder the Church (Sanctuary) needs to be cleansed! This makes the measuring of the temple of God in Rev.11:1-2 to be the measuring of the Church. (Note: Eph.4:11-16)
16. What about Dan.8, 10-11 - See Phase 5, Page 1 and Page 3. The language of the "daily sacrifice." (Dan.8:11; 11:31) "Sanctuary" (Dan.8:11; 11:31) all belong before the Cross when the daily sacrifice was in force (Heb.9:8-10) and the Sanctuary was "made with hands" (Natural / earthly) Jesus caused "the daily sacrifice to cease" (Dan.9:27, Gal.3:17 / Rom.15:4, Heb.9-10) and declare Himself to be the Temple / Sanctuary. (John.2:18-20)
17. Leaven - The Feasts of Israel foreshadows this future problem in the Church.Leaven was allowed in the Feast of Pentecost (Harvest / Weeks)